Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Memories of......Memories!!!!


Ever desperately tried to forget a particular thing?? I guess everyone has done that… something that troubles you… the more you try to forget it the more it comes back to you!! 

But I doubt there will be anyone who would be okay if all his memories are lost…(ofcourse including the one that he/she is trying to forget)

Imagine not remembering the good old days…

When you were appreciated by the teacher for doing something outstanding…(the definition of outstanding doesn’t matter… :P )

When you finally got a toy that you had been wanting since forever….

When your mom took the extra effort to make your birthday special….

When you got something you had only dreamt of… never thought you would get….

Your first day at college…

A day you were badly trapped… but at the end of it.. the journey was totally worth it…

When someone you liked.. actually came and said Hi!!

When you had fun with your friends in pouring rains….

When you felt you have fallen in love… the happiness around it…

If we dint remember these.. wouldn’t our lives be more like a robot… live things as they come by… no past to think about… no future to anticipate… no expectations… just living.. and there is a good chance that you wouldn’t even know what you are living for…



And, there have also been those times when you felt that life would be much easier if we could forget a few things… that it would be easier to move on and take something new up if there wasn’t a constant alarm in your mind that keeps on reminding you of the same old things that you want to forget…

It would be easier if we could forget them so that the pain/guilt/horror can subside… so that I can think of something else…

But honestly speaking…. I dont want to forget them… coz deep down inside… these memories have a lit a lamp in me… something that burns me a lot when it is lit…It causes such pain that I would give anything for it to subside… for it to leave me alone… but as I get used to it… I learn more about it… I understand it a tiny bit more as very second passes by….

And then…… I begin to appreciate the light and the warm feeling that it gives me…  The changes that it causes me to bring into myself… the changes that makes life a much better experience that it would have been otherwise…. And that is because I learn that….

The memories of being teased by someone you hate… makes me a stronger person….

The memories of losing something I wanted so badly…. Makes me learn how to overcome failures

The memories of losing a friend… makes me understand life better…

The memories of losing a fight… makes me want to fight harder

The memories of losing someone I love/care… makes me know myself better… (this is totally true..!!)
 
And at the end of it you realize that…

However they are… whatever it is that they bring to you… you never want to lose them… they are a part of you.. of what you are… of what you always wanted… they make you laugh.. they make you cry… sometimes they even make you curse…

Recently… I got all my old pics out… I was going through them (couldn’t remember most of the incidents actually)… but those pictures brought a smile to my face…. Even more important… they brought a tear to my eye… just simple pictures… bringing me my past… the past that I so much want to be a part of now… the past which even after unlimited and exhaustible number of tries cant change… the past that has played the most important role in making what you call.... ME!!!


 

No comments: