Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Time… I have lost track of you..!!

May be I am a nut case… may be not… may be everyone around me feels the same…

Time… is it measurable anymore?? Is that watch in my hand or the mobile phone in my pocket remotely successful in measuring it??

Hours run to days and days run into weeks…. Just like that!!

Though i wouldn't deny the fact that at times when broken further… even minutes tend to get on nerves…

Einstein’s Theory of Relativity comes into focus to some extent…

It used say that when you are doing something that you like or if you are with someone you love.. one hour seems to be a few minutes and when you are doing something you don’t really like… even a few minutes seem to be like hours…

The only difference is that irrespective of what I am doing… my time seems to be running…  

My weekend has just started…. After waiting for these two days for an entire week… I finally come to it… 

I have a list of things ready that I have to do…. Actual motive… I want to have a relaxing weekend… so that I look forward to a productive and fruitful week ahead….

Ofcourse unwanted work pops up…. work that has to be done… Bank job.. shopping.. other household chores that couldn’t be finished during the week but will have to be done now… So there goes half my day….

The rest of the weekend is well spent.. in doing things I desire.. sleeping forever… watching movies.. catching up with old friends… and then all of a sudden…. My weekend has gone.. its over…. But at the end of it.. do I feel relaxed??

The answer is no… it feels that no time has passed by… that the weekend never started for it to end… so from Monday starts again my quest of waiting… waiting for a weekend…

This was about weekends… but the weekdays are no better…. Every Monday begins lousily…. Thinking about the entire week that has to pass before another weekend approaches…

Then suddenly u realize there there is work load that has to be finished… and u start… praying that by some miracle your work today ends with the end of your working hours… you are struggling to finish it all.... and you look at the clock…  your working hours are over.. but your work is still the same… the same pile that you started with this morning....

Before you know… the weekend arrives… and the story continues…

My watch surprises me all the time… it suddenly seems to have developed wings that I cannot see… Was it always this way or due to some unknown reasons time is betraying me… the number of things in my to do list keeps on increasing…. And the time to finish it seems to keep on disappearing… 

My weekends dont feel like weekends any more... my weekdays are not everlasting anymore.... my next birthday arrives before i get over the earlier one... the list of next month's chores are lined up before the last on the list for this month finishes... 

The things i wanted to do tomorrow are still the things that i will have to do tomorrow as yesterdays tomorrow has come and gone before i could blink....

It seems that the phrase of living in today seems to be more applicable then ever before... 

I know that the time is running... and there is no catching it.... the only thing i can do is to fill it to the content of my heart today... Right now!!!


1 comment:

karishma said...

its rilli nyc shabnam... i din noe u write.. keep up d good work.. :)