Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things to do before I die…!!


Most of us have a to do list…. Well I am not talking about a to do list that reminds us of the daily chores that have to be completed… I am talking about a to do list for life… about things that you may want to do before you die… as many prefer to put it…

So my to do list says (wishful thinking…!!) that I have exactly 27years to live and I have 12 things that I want to do before the end of the 27th year…

But unfortunately life doesn’t have an expiry date like products….. we know when a product is likely to expire thus we can prepare a plan for it… and datewise the plan can be followed… some ups and downs may happen but you can still follow the plan…

But we humans… do we have a expiry date?? 

It’s a different thing to think about what would happen if we had one… imagine knowing that you have just 5 more years to live… which sounds not that bad… but slowly it becomes 3 years to 1 year to 5 months to 5 days…

I personally would lose my mind knowing that I have a few days left… on the other hand I might buck up and plan to do everything before the time for me to go comes… I don’t know… simply coz I do not have that option… I cannot get myself to think seriously about what would happen if I knew the date of my death…

Anyways coming back to the list… some people have variations that put it as getting old instead of dying…

Honestly… do you know if you will even reach the end of the week??? Let alone reaching old age..

I’ve seen people living their lives with a hope of enjoying it later when the circumstances around you allow you to do so…

Some get so involved in work and career that small things in life that give happiness are forgotten…

Some save everything that they earn so that they can have a comfortable oldage…

Some do not give relationships the time and love required thinking that they will make up for it at a later date…

Considering the lives that we are living, including the things that happen around us… the bombs, terrorist attacks, natural calamities, etc….. what are the chances that you will see the sunset…???

If the date of your death is today……. then???

You have worked hard… for long hours to get somewhere… but are you happy??

All monies are saved… but what about the small things that you always wanted but pushed it for the future….??

Today morning before leaving your house… you fought with your parents/spouse or got angry on your kids/siblings… what if you never went back?? Will that person be able to live his life peacefully knowing that the last memory that you went with was bitter??


I do not mean that career, future, etc. should all be forgotten and that you should live in the present only… ofcourse not…!! That’s a path to foolishness….

I mean to say… why not spend every second of your life in a way that makes you happy?

Every day would include of everything that I can think of…

I give my education complete priority….

My career my best effort and my employers my loyalty….

I want to do something… I do it..

People who are important… I tell them that I love them…

If I like something about someone I compliment them… share the happiness…

I try my best not to hurt anyone’s heart (purposely!! )... if it happens.. i apologize and try to make up for it...

If I feel like helping someone… I help…

If my heart is broken... I share it with the person who hurt me... I dont bury the wound... i try to heal it...

If I feel like giving something to someone… I do not wait for tomorrow…

If I feel like pampering myself… I do so (I don’t mean like a princess.. but generally)…

I live like a child and think like an adult…

If I have to die today… I know that I have lived my life.. there are no regrets… there is nothing that I could have had done better… I gave my life my best shot…!!



7 comments:

Kunal said...

Hhmm, never thought it this way, philosophical. But yes, there's a wish list of things to do! This reminds me of Viany Pathak film 'Dasvidaniya' where, knowing he's going to die, he ticks off 10 things from his things-to-do list!

aftaab4u said...

M very bad at reading stuff and u know that. i cant believe i actually read it and read it all and i could actually relate to it ..
in one word its GOOD.

#thosedreamylenses said...

@Kunal: yeah but that was after he comes to know that he is about to die... i would prefer to live before knowing my death date ;)

@Aftaab: thats a great compliment... thank you ;)

Karan Iyer said...

Not bad! Even though the subject of your post is a topic that has already been explored a million times whether it be through books or movies, it always remains a good subject of theoritical discussion. I believe the term that sort of eplains the whole post is the latin word Carpe Diem, which essentially means living in the present and doing things now rather than waiting for tomorrow. If you want further inspiration on this subject I would suggest watching the movie Dead Poets Society, which is my personal favorite and is very much related to the subject of your post.
One thing I would suggest in terms of writing is the structure. To me it seems that you have written the whole post as and how the thought comes to your mind which is basically how most blogs are written, but I would suggest always formating whatever that you are going to write and structuring it so that it flows as a story. I know this sounds critical but in no way is to be taken as a discouragement. Hope to read some more good stuff.

#thosedreamylenses said...

@Devil 999: I appreciate your effort of posting genuine views over my writing... i agree that the topic has been written and spoken on a thousand times.. may be that is the reason why had a thought over it... also, i know that my writing style is more like a thought process and it would be a better read if it is written in a more structured manner... i am working towards the same... hope to evolve as a better writer...

keep reading.. hope to hear more from you

abhu said...

little disappointed ....was expecting the list...neways good insight on the life of a normal sensible human being...

BANTI said...

-nice blog, with great info.., keep rocking …