Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Passion...????

I have had a hard time understanding what passion actually means…. my ideas brought me to the  conclusion that passion is an internal pull that an individual has towards any unspecific thing, person, activity….. anything and everything inclusive….

Earlier, I was of the opinion that passion is not something that everyone is born with…. It is limited in supply… people who have achieved something great or have awed us in any manner are the only ones who can be termed as passionate…

But then, I gave it a deeper thought… what is it in some that differentiates them from the others… are they born with some special kind of gene or are they fed with something different than the others…

In all this process, ofcourse I wasn’t one of those who would be considered as passionate. Despite the fact that I have tried to be passionate… passionate about something or anything at all… 

For me passionate meant that I had to be extremely crazy about something… in a way that everything else would be unimportant… and I tried finding that one thing… tried to find what am I good at… singing?? Basket ball?? Badminton?? Writing?? And loads of other things as well (for me passion would mean being good at things like these which would make me publicly renowned)…. Finally ended up with a conclusion that I lacked passion… that I cannot be one of those people who have achieved something big in life… that you can be called as passionate only if you have a tangible proof to display your passion…

So I put myself in the category of a normal individual who is not passionate… But then, I have been giving this thing a thought… still unable to believe that I lack passion… as, something inside me tells me that I am passionate… but then.... I don’t know about what?? 

So I gave it a better insight.. and I found, ofcourse I am passionate, I am passionate about everything I do. My passion is divided throughout my life rather than concentrating at one thing….

My work, my life, my family… I am passionate about all of them…

There is something in me that makes me give better than my best for every work assigned to me.. to do better than what my employers expect from me…

I am passionate about being happy… I work really hard at being happy… trying to find a silver lining to every dark cloud…

I am passionate about being successful… maybe not of the calibre of Chanda Kocchar… but yeah… I am passionate of making the best of my future… to be proud of myself… to make others proud of me…

I am passionate about my family… I want to give them the best… I am passionate to prove myself as the ideal daughter…

So this makes all of us passionate… individually in their own specific way… but everyone is passionate… passionate about work… about love… about reading.. studying…. Surfing…. Making friends… being happy…

Passionate about winning… winning with pride…

Then why is it that we consider ourselves to be just normal… no one can live our life better than we do… at the end of the day if we are successful enough to bring a smile on the faces of our loved ones.. and more importantly on our own faces… we can call ourselves passionate…

So finally….

Passion would be a desire to indulge yourself with anything and everything that makes you happy!! It would be more of love than money… it would be more of joy than popularity… It would be more of happiness than success..!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice thoughtz... Keep writing !!